In addition to training faculty in digital storytelling, the NMS acts as a hub for a dynamic community of practice. The Studio supports faculty using digital storytelling and visual assignments in a number of ways:
- Digital Storytelling Interest Group meeting twice yearly to discuss support issues and share ideas
- “Digital Stories @ UMBC” website showcasing projects from the classroom and the UMBC community featuring a story gallery, upcoming events, news and an extensive resource section
- A listserv connecting a community of over 175 subscribers
- Consultation with faculty on classroom applications of digital storytelling and development of grant proposals
- Presentations and publications highlighting the work of UMBC’s community of practice
Digital Stories @ UMBC a gallery of digital story work and resources supporting UMBC’s community of practice.
“Stories in Our Classrooms: A Faculty Community of Practice as an Agent of Change” in EDUCAUSE Gamechangers